Dear NEMA Resident,
Now more than ever, the health and wellness of our community is our top priority. In light of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments, we are taking all of the following precautions advised by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA):
• Making sure that all public areas are sanitized several times a day.
• Displaying Fitness Center signs urging residents and anyone using the amenity to use sanitizers and wipe down the equipment before/after use.
• Encouraging our team members to stay home if they are feeling sick.
• Continuing to follow updates and protocols suggested by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), Department of Public Health, and other credible agencies to best ensure the safety of our community members.
What can you do to keep yourself and the NEMA community in good health?
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
◦ CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
◦ Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
◦ If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
We appreciate your attention and precaution.
If you have any questions or concerns, we’re always here for you. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.
1210 South Indiana Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605